Dark Sun: The Scorched World of Athas
The sorcerer-kings and queens rose to power long ago through unchecked arcane might. All of the remaining city-states, except Tyr, are ruled by the sorcerer-kings. Each of the sorcerer-kings is a powerful defiler, using magic to prolong his or her life to near-immortality.
Within the city-states, the sorcerer-kings are the absolute authorities, residing in their fortified palaces, rarely making public appearances without huge entourages.
Some sorcerer-kings have the same (or similar) names as some of the Champions of Rajaat, causing speculation that there is a connection between them.
The known sorcerer-kings, their city-state and their status are listed below:
- Andropinis, sorcerer-king of Balic
- Abalach-Re, former sorcerer-queen of Raam, deceased
- Dregoth, sorcerer-king of Giustenal/ New Giustenal
- Lalali-Puy, sorcerer-queen of Gulg
- The Shadow King Nibenay, sorcerer-king of Nibenay
- Tectuktitlay, sorcerer-king of Draj