Dark Sun, The Scorched World of Athas
Elf Dragon Sorcerer
Gwyn stands out in a crowd, because of her tall elven features, wild hair and charismatic nature. She wears only light travelling wraps, but has a shadowy aura about her. She wields The Shadowstaff, recovered from the wreckage of the Fey Engine. She has several daggers hidden about her person. She is usually accompanied by a small dragonling familiar.
The daughter of a moderately wealthy merchant in the Sky Singers tribe, Gwyn led a privileged but uneventful life. Her mother was gifted with the Way and staunchly opposed to arcane magic as was her older sister. Gwyn discovered that her father’s mother was a preserver and threatened to tell her mother if she did not receive training in the arcane arts, for which she had always felt a calling. Her father agreed – both angered and impressed with her bargaining.
She met a mysterious acquaintance of her father while in the city-state of Nibenay and he began to instruct Gwyn in the use of magic, making sure that she learned respect for the life that fuels her magic, something many never understand. Her mentor was killed before he could pass all of his learning onto Gwyn. Determined to find others who could teach her more about preserving magic, she left her tribe behind to forge a new life for herself.
Gwyn has had many adventures, in which she…
- helped save Arisphistaneles, the governor of Altaruk and member of the Veiled Alliance, from an assassination attempt by the True cabal.
- helped stop the infamous Wastewalker from continuing his homicidal campaign against all arcane spell casters.
- got drunk on broy with her friend Jarvix of the Veiled Alliance and woke up the next morning with a headache and a new tattoo.
- helped to discover the lost Cistern of Aravek to secure a new source of water for Tyr and it’s army.
- helped to successfully commune with an ancient Tree of Life and was able to help extract a Heartwood Spear from it.
- helped defeat the defiler Yarnath the Skull and recover the Crown of Dust from his fortress Slither.
- helped destroy the fey engine in the Garden of Graves that was draining energy from the Lands Within the Wind.
- blew a hole in the side of the Ziggurat of Kalak when fighting the Withering Ones guarding the passageways.
- helped destroy the resurrected sorcerer-king Kalak preventing his return to power in the city of Tyr.
- helped establish the protection of the newly planted Tree of Life by the Veiled Alliance of Tyr.