Dark Sun: The Scorched World of Athas
Elf Dragon Sorcerer
Gwyn stands out in a crowd, because of her tall elven features, wild hair and charismatic nature. She wears only light traveling wraps that are modified to allow for her dragon wings to emerge. She has several daggers hidden about her person. She is usually accompanied by a small dragonling familiar.
The daughter of Jalek, a moderately wealthy merchant in the Sky Singers tribe, Gwyn led a privileged but uneventful life. Her mother, Marisol, was gifted with the Way and staunchly opposed to arcane magic as was her older sister. Gwyn discovered that her father’s mother was a preserver and threatened to tell her mother if she did not receive training in the arcane arts, for which she had always felt a calling. Her father agreed – both angered and impressed with her bargaining.
She met a mysterious acquaintance of her father while in the city-state of Nibenay and he began to instruct Gwyn in the use of magic, making sure that she learned respect for the life that fuels her magic, something many never understand. Her mentor was killed before he could pass all of his learning onto Gwyn. Determined to find others who could teach her more about preserving magic, she left her tribe behind to forge a new life for herself.
Marisol recently suggested that Gwyn was not the daughter of Jalek, but rather the daughter of the Shadow King. Marisol disappeared shortly after Gwyn and her allies fought her atop the Ziggurat of Kalid-Ma and Gwyn was unable to get any more information.
Gwyn has had many adventures, in which she…
- helped save Arisphistaneles, the governor of Altaruk and member of the Veiled Alliance, from an assassination attempt by the True cabal.
- helped stop the infamous Wastewalker from continuing his homicidal campaign against all arcane spell casters.
- was part of the group that recovered the Crown of Dust from the Face in the Stone.
- got drunk on broy with her friend Jarvix of the Veiled Alliance and woke up the next morning with a headache and a new tattoo.
- helped to discover the lost Cistern of Aravek to secure a new source of water for Tyr and it’s army.
- helped to successfully commune with an ancient Tree of Life and was able to help extract a Heartwood Spear from it.
- helped defeat the defiler Yarnath the Skull and recover the Crown of Dust from his fortress Slither.
- helped destroy the fey engine in the Garden of Graves that was draining energy from the Lands Within the Wind.
- blew a hole in the side of the Ziggurat of Kalak when fighting the Withering Ones guarding the passageways.
- helped destroy the resurrected sorcerer-king Kalak preventing his return to power in the city of Tyr.
- helped establish the protection of the newly planted Tree of Life by the Veiled Alliance of Tyr.
- traveled to Kalidnay and subsequently shadow Kalidnay where she helped to defeat the Templar Thakok-An subsequently destroying the shadow Kalidnay.
- was returned to life by Kira under the guidance of Siemhouk.
- helped recovered the Standard of Arkhosia.
- helped restore the sorcerer-king Nibenay to power following the cataclysm that damaged that city.
- was slain by Nibenay.
- helped uncover knowledge from the library in Moil about Dregoth’s plans for godhood.
- escaped Moil to the Realm of the Dead Gods.
- destroyed the Astral Engine of Dregoth and escaped the Realm of the Dead Gods.
- avenged the destruction of the Veiled Alliance in Balic by killing the templar Darian Haraxes
- traveled to the island of Mytilene where she helped recover the Dark Lens from the giants living there.
- participated in the restoration of Ul-Athra.
- helped bring about the purification of the Black Waters Oasis.